Interested in entering a car in the Demo Derby???
LOMBARDY DEMO DERBY RULES AND REGULATIONS
Derby starts at 7:30 p.m. on Friday August 4, 2017.
Cars should be on grounds and registered by 5:30 pm and inspected by 6:30 pm.
All drivers are required to report to Fair Official at time of their arrival. Cars and drivers are required to arrive at least 2 hours prior to the start of the event.
One entry per class.
JUDGES DECISIONS ARE FINAL.
Only one tow vehicle per demolition car in the pit area.
Drivers are responsible for ensuring that anyone around their car has signed the insurance waiver. Failure to do so may result in disqualification.
No gate refund to driver or pit crew.
Demolition Derby is a hazardous and high risk sport therefore anyone with a health condition or who is pregnant should not compete.
The Fairboard is not responsible for any injuries sustained either by driver or pit crew. It is your responsibility to carry your own insurance for this purpose.
The Fairboard has a <ZERO> tolerance policy for the consumption or possession of any alcohol or controlled substance by the driver or pit crew. Any person found in possession or under the influence of such substances will be DISQUALIFIED from participation in the event and will not be issued a refund.
All drivers must attend the drivers meeting on the day of the event.
All drivers must be 16 years of age or older. Drivers under the age of 18 will require a parents permission to be signed that day. The Fairboard reserves the right to refuse any entry to any person and reject any entry.
All cars must be inspected by a Fairboard official prior to the start of the event. Disqualification for any reason WILL NOT result in a Refund.
No hitting on the drivers door
TYPE OF CAR
Any 1980+ North American made hard top sedan or wagon. NO convertibles, jeeps, limos, checker cabs or trucks in 8 cylinder class.
4/6 cylinder class may use small wagons or imports.
• All cars must have approved working seat belts.
• Drivers must have a CAS approved helmet with working chin straps.
• Eye protection must be worn. No SHORTS; drivers must wear long sleeves and gloves and should
wear safety footwear. No Running Shoes.
• ALL cars must have a working CSA approved fire extinguisher secured within reach of the driver.
• One (1) minute rule – NO PLAYING POSSUM PREPARATION/COMPETITION
• All front doors must be painted white and the numbers will be assigned and supplied by the officials of Lombardy Agricultural Society.
• All flammable material except the dashboard and drivers seat must be removed.
• All lights, trailer hitches, chrome mouldings and exterior trim must be removed.
• All windows and mirrors (ALL GLASS) must be removed and the debris swept clean before arrival.
• All Fuel Lines MUST HAVE a leak proof fitting with steel or rubber lines NO EXCEPTIONS
• Radiator must be in stock position and filled with water not antifreeze.
• Stock gas tanks must be removed. Acceptable substitutes are CSA marine gas tanks or custom metal tank or stock tank mounted in middle of back seat. No plastic Jerry cans allowed. After inspection tank should be covered with a fire proof shield.
• Cars with electric fuel pumps must have a safety disconnect for fuel, located on right of steering wheel, for easy access by Fair or Fire official.
• Battery must be moved from stock position to the front passenger floor, contained in a box and a secure fireproof shield should be placed over it after inspection. Only one 12 volt car battery.
• ANY OPENING IN THE ENGINE COMPARTMENT MUST BE COVERED BY MAXIMUM 1″ SQUARE STEEL MESH. Hood must be fastened down in at least four (4) places by wire strapping, chain or bolts. NO WELDS.
• NO WELDING of frames except to secure bumpers. Over repaired frames will be considered reinforced and will result in disqualification. Any repaired frames must be revealed to the Fair official at time of inspection. If any other welding is found it WILL result in disqualification.
• Only car bumpers may be used and must remain front on front and rear on rear. Bumper shocks and brackets may be welded. End may be cut off. No truck or reinforced bumpers. No welding of bars to any inside of car or firewall.
• Drivers door window can not be covered with bars or screens. Drivers side windshield MUST be covered with screen for safety. All air bags and sensors must be removed. IN ALL CLASSES center bar must be installed VERTICALLY in center of windshield.
• A cross bar must be added inside the car, door post to door post, behind the seat for safety from side crashes and to keep the seat from falling back.
• All ball joints, tie rods, control arms and steering linkage must remain stock.
• RIMS must be stock with NO WELDING.
• Tires must be P-rated summer or all season tread. NO TRUCK TIRES, NO SNOW TIRE, NO LUG TIRES, NO STUDS, NO SCREWING TIRES TO RIMS. All wheel weights, trim rings and hubcaps must be removed.
• Doors and trunks MUST be chain trapped or welded shut. No solid welds. Trunks will be inspected. All tech forms to be completed on site the day of the event by checking off each item.
*****I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I HAVE PREPARED MY VEHICLE TO MEET THE REQUIREMENTS OF THE COMPETITION LISTED ABOVE AND UNDERSTAND THAT FALSIFYING THIS INFORMATION WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION*****
All work must be done prior to event. All extra parts and vehicles must be removed from site by 11 p.m. after which they become the property of the Lombardy Agricultural Society.
Running and safety rules will be explained in mandatory drivers meeting.
The word of any Event official is FINAL.
*****REMEMBER THIS IS A FAIR EVENT – LET’S HAVE FUN*****
THESE RULES ARE EFFECTIVE AS OF August 2017
For further information contact Ken Shirley 613-913-2413